Friday, March 9, 2007

Update

Turner Hall WIP:




So far, about half of the buildings that I've modeled, I've had to or need to go out and shoot more angles for textures. I could fake a few of the textures, but I would like to get a fairly accurate representation of whichever building I'm working on.

While driving around town, I've found some more SCAD buildings that are going to be incredibly difficult to get clean textures for, even getting dimensions using photo-match. Pulaski House sits right next to a square and is draped in trees. I'm not sure, but I think some buildings like the Bell House or the American Hall have either been sold or are just placeholder buildings that aren't labeled at all.

The deadline is June 1st, which is only 12 weeks away. So in theory, in two weeks I should be half way done. (Started getting it underway about two weeks into the quarter). If I kick a lot of ass over spring break, I might be able to make it to that mark, but it's going to be a lot of work. So I think my best bet is to try and get a few other hands involved with this project. So, this weekend it's time to print, get approved and put up some fliers. And hopefully if the weather permits, take pictures of the buildings that are modeled that I just need a few more angles for.

No comments: